Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing views and reports, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Communication is a big part of project management.…In Project, you can print views to distribute…to stakeholders, management, and team members.…Let's start by selecting the view that we want to print.…On the Task tab, I click the bottom half…of the Gantt Chart button and choose Tracking Gantt.…I already have the summary table applied,…so that's set up the way I want.…The other thing I'm going to do here, I'm going to go…to the Format tab and turn the Summary Tasks on.…
To see the full duration,…I'm going to double-click the right side…of the Duration column heading,…and I'm also going to drag the divider between the two panes…to the right, and double-click the Work column,…so I can see those Work hours.…One of the things that you want to do before you print is…to drag this vertical divider between the panes,…so you can see the columns you want.…Also, adjust the time scale so it shows the dates…that you want.…Once you do that, head to the File tab and click Print.…
That shows you a preview of what your print's going…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.