Explore the process of revising the price list and how to control risk surrounding having too many stakeholders.
- As a program manager delivering a full product,…you're also going to need to deliver a price list.…Even if it's internal IT, there's typically some sort…of a price list or an SLA involved.…So it's your job to find out who holds the price list…and request an update.…Doing this early is a really good move…and it reduces the risk of problems downstream.…Price lists are surprisingly complex.…Price lists can include product variations,…separate line items for upgrades,…separate line items for support,…separate line items for warranty, for training,…there's a long list of things.…
They are surprisingly complex.…Price list is always high drama,…so my advice is take care of it early.…So what to expect on price list changes.…First, expect noise from all the execs, just expect it.…They're going to want to be involved in setting the price,…that's what they're wired for.…Expect noise from operations and product structure.…How you structure hardware, how you ship it,…how you deliver it, how it appears on the price list,…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.