This movie describes the steps to perform before you begin updating progress in a Project file. It explains how to find manually scheduled tasks and change them to automatically scheduled. It also shows how to set a baseline and choose the status date for an update.
- [Voiceover] Before you start updating progress…in your project file,…there are a few set-up steps to complete.…The first step is to switch manually-scheduled tasks…that should be auto-scheduled to auto-scheduled.…I'm gonna show you an easy way to find…and change those tasks.…In this project file,…I have a custom view applied,…and it has a custom table,…but I want to change the table to the entry table.…To do that, I'm going to go up to the top left corner…of the table and right-click that cell.…
The check mark says that I have C_WorkTable 1 applied.…Instead, I'm gonna choose Entry.…And here's the reason why.…The Entry table has the Task Mode column in it,…so I can see tasks that are auto-scheduled…and manually scheduled.…In this project, I don't have any manually-scheduled tasks,…so I'm gonna change one just to show you how this works.…I'm gonna take task 10, click it's Task Mode cell,…then click the down arrow and choose Manually Scheduled.…
The icon that looks like a pushpin…says that the task is manually scheduled.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting Project options for updating
- Building custom views for updating
- Updating and rescheduling tasks
- Updating duration, percentage complete, and work remaining
- Updating assignments
- Importing updates