Set yourself up for success and set others up for success. Learn about NCR onboarding and how to watch for resource evaporation. Listen to an example about the Kathy Black Intel story and explore what qualifies as low-value, unofficial projects.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to take a deep dive…into phase zero.…Phase zero means you're taking a concept…and fleshing it out to a point where engineers…can execute.…Really this boils down to establishing clear…and common goals.…Soft skills in phase zero really boil down to this.…People need a place and people need a purpose.…People need to know a common goal…and people need to have their skills assigned…to their role within these goals.…It's pretty simple, but it takes some attention.…On the harder skills side, leadership requires you…to actually specify the goals.…
Write them down, make them clear.…Make each participant know their roles,…so this clarity gives confidence of success,…and this will feed on itself.…People will be more energized to contribute…to the project and to go that extra mile.…Managing risk in phase zero is a lot like…managing risk in other phases.…There are some very specific risks to manage against.…The main risk is an unstable plan.…So keep that plan fro bouncing around.…
There are a number of techniques to do that,…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.