Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing tasks in a task list, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- As you work on your project…you'll probably end up reorganizing the tasks…in your task list.…You can change their outline levels,…move them to a different summary task,…or delete tasks you don't need.…If you have similar work in different portions…of a project, you can copy tasks too.…Now, let's start by looking at changing outline levels.…Indenting and outdenting depends on where tasks are…in the outline in the first place.…Let's take a look at Identify Costs.…That's a summary task and it has a subtask,…Identify Additional Costs.…
Well, first of all, if I select Identify Additional Costs…and come up to the task tab…in the schedule section and I click Indent,…nothing happens because it's already indented.…It's already a subtask.…You can't get it any lower than that.…On the other hand, if I click Outdent,…which is the left pointing green arrow…it comes up a level.…It's at the same level as what was the summary tasks…so now the Identify Costs is not a summary task anymore.…They're both at the same level.…
Now, I can make these tasks part of evaluate lease sites…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.