Learn how to involve multi-discipline people in the process of arriving at a project Gantt Chart.
- [Instructor] In this section we're going to review…phase one onboarding, generally,…we're getting more experts to apply to the problem.…At the top of that list is quality control.…Next, expect to add more engineering talent.…Support, performance, test, and QA,…tech pubs, and field marketing.…Again, this is phase one,…so we're attempting to establish…a high quality plan of record,…and fundamentally, we want to design quality into the program,…that's the mantra for phase one,…design quality in.…
So, let's talk about QA and talk about QA metrics.…So, very typically, QA metrics include…X number of sev one bugs…and Y number of sev two bugs,…and perhaps some beta tests…and some proof of concept results.…And that's all good, and that should be done,…but quality is much more if done right.…And again, the idea is to…design quality in from the concept.…So, in addition to the quality metrics,…we need to have quality assurance have a hand…if not lead the definition of the release criteria.…
Again, if we define a task and define the success criteria,…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.