In this video, Bonnie Biafore identifies additional resources for learning more about project scheduling and project management in general. Use these tools to better your skills.
- In this course, we've taken a deep dive…into scheduling projects.…We've explored everything from developing…a schedule management plan,…all the way to updating progress…and resolving schedule issues.…I hope you feel that you've made progress…on your endeavor to master project scheduling.…As I've discovered over the years though,…there is always more to learn about project management.…The more you learn and apply,…the easier it will be to deliver projects successfully.…
If you're new to project management,…my course Project Management Foundations…is a good next step.…It introduces the major project management processes…and techniques for managing projects successfully.…For those that are more advanced in project management,…check out my other courses in the library.…There are also specialized approaches to scheduling…that you can explore.…Critical chain project management uses the theory…of constraints and buffers to deliver projects on time.…
Another area that continues to grow in popularity…is iterative and agile approaches to scheduling.…
Note: This course aligns with best practices from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute®.
- Developing a schedule management plan
- Identifying project activities
- Adding milestones
- Organizing work
- Estimating duration and work
- Handling lag in dependencies
- Defining resources
- Assigning resources to activities
- Working with part-time and remote workers
- Fine-tuning assignments
- Optimizing schedules
- Managing and changing schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding a Project Schedule
2. Identifying and Organizing Activities
3. Sequencing Activities
4. Assigning Resources to Tasks
5. Fine-Tuning Assignments
6. Optimizing Schedules
Baseline the schedule2m 12s
7. Managing Schedules
Next steps2m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.