Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Selecting and Managing a Project Portfolio with Microsoft Project.
- [Bonnie] In this course we've seen…how to use Microsoft Project…to help select projects to include…in your project portfolio and to determine…when projects might be scheduled in the pipeline.…We set up custom views, fields and reports…to help evaluate proposed projects.…Now that you've selected projects,…you and your management team are probably keen…to plan those projects.…For the scoop on planning and scheduling projects…check out my Project Essential Training course…and Managing Project Schedules course.…
For a bit more on managing project portfolios…take a look at my Project Management Fundamentals course…and the other project management courses…in the online training library.…I hope you've enjoyed exploring these techniques…as much as I have.…I look forward to seeing you again…for more fun with Project.…Until then, Bonnie Biafore signing out.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up portfolio measures
- Creating custom fields to calculate selection criteria
- Defining custom fields for risk measures
- Setting up resource planning
- Building a list of projects
- Adding graphical indicators to the portfolio dashboard
- Evaluating projects for the portfolio
- Reviewing demand and availability for each skill set
- Building a rough schedule
- Managing the portfolio