Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Actual Values in Microsoft Project.
- [Voiceover] In this course we've explored…how to update project progress by entering actual values.…We used several methods to update tasks and assignments.…We also set up Project to make it easy to import…actual values into your schedule.…Now that you have progress recorded,…you and your management team probably want…to evaluate how the project is going.…Check out the courses on working with visual reports…and graphical reports in Microsoft Project.…
You can also pick up tips on evaluating project performance…in my Project Essential Training course…and Advanced Microsoft Project.…Thanks for joining me to manage actual values…with Microsoft Project.…I hope you'll come back later to explore…even more about Project.…Until then, Bonnie Biafore signing out.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.