Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Resource-Constrained Projects with Microsoft Project.
- View Offline
- In this course, you've had the opportunity…to explore Microsoft Project features that help you…plan and manage projects when resources are limited.…We started with assigning resources to tasks.…We put tools for reviewing resource assignments…and workloads through their paces.…Then we experimented with different ways to resolve…resource assignment issues.…But there's plenty more to learn!…If you're interested in research around optimizing…resource constrained project schedules,…simply type resource constrained project into your…favorite search engine.…
My project essential tutorials and advanced Microsoft…Project courses also dig deeper into Microsoft Project.…In the future, this series will cover other topics like…schedule constrained projects and…budget constrained projects.…I'm Bonnie Biafore, thanks for joining me in…Managing Resource-Constrained Projects.…
Taught by expert project manager Bonnie Biafore, this course first shows how to create a resource plan to see if a project is feasible given the available resources. Then learn how to schedule project resources, assign them to tasks, check for overallocations, and resolve issues with techniques like substituting resources and extending and delaying tasks. Once the plan is established and work is ready to start, Bonnie shows how to execute the schedule by setting a baseline, entering actuals for the project, and recording overtime.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Developing a project resource plan
- Replacing and substituting resources
- Tracking down overallocations
- Assigning contractors to offload work
- Adding resources
- Leveling resources
- Recording project progress
- Assigning overtime