Join John Riopel for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Time-Constrained Projects with Microsoft Project.
- In this course we've explored Microsoft Project features…that help you plan and manage projects when time is limited.…We've started with developing an initial schedule,…making sure that we had dependencies in place.…We worked with critical path and deadlines to assist us in…understanding which work needed to be completed by when.…We've experimented with different ways to reduce our…schedule, baseline and then add actuals to review variances.…If you're interested in research around optimizing…time-constrained project schedules, simply type…'time-constrained project' into your favorite search engine…or in the lynda.com course search.…
You may also want to check out in the Microsoft Project 2013…essentials tutorials with Bonnie Biafore.…In this course you'll learn the Microsoft Project basic…features and how the tool really works.…You also can check out Agile Project…Management with Microsoft Project with Bonnie Biafore.…This is a course on Agile using Microsoft Project…and we'll give you some basics and some understanding…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determine the duration of a milestone.
- Explain how to add a lead to a task.
- Identify the difference between a deadline and a constraint.
- Recognize how to put tasks in sequence.
- Recall how to overlap two tasks.
- Explain how to change the available working time for a task.