Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Subcontractor Projects with Microsoft Project.
- In this course, we've explored project features…to plan and manage projects that use subcontractors.…We set up resources for hourly and fixed-price subs…and assigned them to tasks.…I also showed you how to include…a Subs Project Schedule as a Subproject,…then we updated Subcontractor Progress…and built reports to analyze their performance.…But don't stop there.…This series has other handy topics,…like, Managing Resource Constraint Projects,…or Time Constraint Projects,…and Budget Constraint Projects,…managing actual values and mastering graphical reports.…
If those courses aren't out yet,…while you're waiting, you can pick up…lots of tips and tricks in my Project Essential…Tutorial and Advanced Microsoft Project Course.…I'm Bonnie Biafore.…I learn something new with each course I record.…I hope you've enjoyed discovering…these Project techniques as much as I have.…Thanks so much for joining me…in Managing Projects That Use Subcontractors.…
Expert project manager Bonnie Biafore introduces approaches for working with subcontractors, including how to set them up in Project and incorporate their schedules. The course then explains how to set up multiperson team resources, assign subcontractors to tasks, periodically update the project, and review subcontractor performance based on cost, work, and schedule, and in relation to the overall project. Follow along with the sample Project file, featuring before-and-after examples you can use to compare your work to the author's.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. The techniques apply to Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Setting up hourly subcontractors
- Creating multiperson subcontractor resources
- Inserting subcontractor schedules
- Assigning subcontractors
- Handling progress information
- Analyzing subcontractor and project performance