Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the Backstage view, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The Backstage view on the File tab…has features for managing files,…like New, Open, Save, Save As, and Print,…but it can do a lot more.…When you have a project open,…and you go to the File tab,…it goes to the Info screen,…and that has information about your current project.…It also has a button to get to the Organizer,…which helps you manage customized views, tables, and so on.…On the left side of the screen you can click Recent…to see the files you've worked on recently.…
If you have a project that you're gonna work on for months,…click the pushpin on the right side of that file name,…and Project will pop it up to the top of the list…and pin it there so it stays there,…and you can always access it from the Recent Projects page.…If you click Open instead,…that displays the Open dialog box…and then you can Browse to where your files are.…There are also several ways to create a new file.…You'll see about those in other movies.…You can also Save your file,…Print it, or share it with others.…
At the bottom of the File tab,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.