Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying task bar styles and task bar text, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Task bar formatting makes it easy…to emphasize information.…Just like Project does by showing critical tasks in red…and non-critical tasks in blue.…You can also format individual task bars…if you want to highlight key tasks…like milestones that trigger payment.…To see how bar styles work, let's head to the Format tab.…I'm gonna turn on the Critical Tasks check box…and that changes the formatting for the category…of tasks that are critical.…
In the time scale, you can see that the bars change to red.…Well, to see how that actually works…on the Format tab, click the Format button,…and then choose Bar Styles.…That opens up the Bar Styles dialogue box.…There's a table of all sorts of different kinds of task bars…and their formatting.…Well, I'm gonna scroll down in this list…until I find the critical tasks.…They're down near the bottom.…Okay, there's the critical definition.…
When I click it, down in the bottom on the bars tab…I can see the formatting for the bar itself.…The middle of the bar is a solid red color…and there are no shapes at either end.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.