Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying task bar layout, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Changing how tasks are laid out…in the Timescale is helpful,…particularly when task link lines look like spaghetti.…Project's Layout options also let you change…the date format, bar height, and how splits appear.…To work on the Layout,…go to the Format tab and then click the Layout button.…That opens up the Layout dialog box.…The first you can do is you can change the link lines.…I use a simplified link line which goes…from the end of one bar to the top of another.…
But if you choose the second option,…which is more an S-shaped curve,…a lot of times that gets rid of…overlaps between the link lines.…I'm gonna click OK to show what that looks like.…If you decide that that's too messy for you,…go back to the Layout button…and you can either hide the link lines completely,…or go back to the simplified one.…I click the Layout button again.…Here are some other things you can do with the bars.…The Date format, I usually keep that fairly short.…
That way it's uncluttered in the Timescale.…For example, down here at the bottom,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.