Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying resource assignments, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Assignment changes come in all shapes and sizes.…You can add or remove resources from a task,…change the task duration or work,…or adjust the percentage of time…resources devote to a task.…You can change task types and values…for duration, work and units…to get the adjustments you want.…To see how all these moving pieces work together,…we're gonna use the Task Usage view.…It's really helpful for seeing what's going on.…If you don't have that displayed,…go to the View tab,…and then click Task Usage.…
It shows the Tasks with the assignments beneath them…and then has a time-phased grid on the right side.…Now, I'm gonna scroll over a little bit…so that we can see the cells that we need.…And I also want to see the Task Form.…So, on the View tab, in the Split View section,…I turn on the Details check box…and now I have the Task Form in the Details pane.…I'm gonna drag the horizontal divider down…so I have room to see all of my Tasks.…The other thing I need to do is I have…to insert a couple of fields into the table…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.