Learn how to manage a program after it ships and the importance of follow-up and support.
- [Instructor] And now we have arrived at the operate phase.…We have passed through the concept development phase,…the plan phase, the execute phase, the release phase,…and you are in the operate phase now.…In many ways, this is my favorite phase,…because this is where you learn what you did right…and what needs improvement.…In a continuous learning organization,…this is really the important portion of what you do.…Product success can be determined…by cross-functional updates.…We can talk to marketing.…
Marketing originally created positioning…and awareness and demand.…We can ask them, is it working?…Have we made adjustments?…Is it competitive?…We can talk to tech support,…and it's important to frame your question with tech support,…we can talk to tech support about defects…that we found in the field,…otherwise known as factory escapes.…So, have we found defects in the field?…What do those look like?…Are those defects in clusters?…Do we need to think about…an engineering change order,…or a hardware change, or a software patch?…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.