Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the product backlog, part of Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project.
- The product backlog isn't set in stone…for the duration of an Agile project.…Requirements evolve as work progresses…which means you might add features to…or remove features from the backlog.…In addition you have to estimate feature points…and priorities…before you can figure out which features to assign…to each sprint.…To manage the backlog we're going to use…the Product Backlog view that we created…in another movie.…On the task tab click the bottom half…of the Gantt chart button.…
In the custom section there's a Product Backlog view.…Go ahead and click that.…Now we can see our features assigned to their…releases and sprints.…Suppose there's a new feature for the backlog.…Sharing a purchase through social media.…I'm going to add that by heading to the first blank…Task Name cell.…I select that cell and then type the name for the feature…Share purchase through social media.…It's a feature so we want to skip over to the Feature cell.…
Project automatically fills in flag field with No…so you want to click the down arrow and choose Yes instead.…
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting project options
- Defining working time
- Setting up custom fields and views
- Creating tasks
- Assigning features to sprints
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Tracking progress
- Generating a burndown report
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover agile with the Project Online desktop client, including the different agile tools that are built into Project Online.