understand how to manage a project schedule to deliver on time
- [Voiceover] Time management is what you do…to ensure that you complete your project on time.…The first step in time management is putting together…a schedule management plan, which documents how…you're going to develop, manage, execute,…and control the project schedule.…Depending on the needs of your project, this plan can be…formal and detailed, informal and high level,…or anywhere in between.…The second step is to define schedule activities or tasks.…
Remember the work breakdown structure…that decomposes your project scope?…The lowest levels on your WBS are called work packages,…and they identify specific project deliverables.…Here's where you break down each work package into…activities that spell out the work needed to complete it.…Once you have schedule activities identified,…it's time to put them into sequence.…The activity sequence is based on…the relationships between tasks.…
For example, activity A has to finish…before activity B can start.…Each activity except the very first and very last should be…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.