Explore how to motivate and manage project team members.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As a project manager,…you rely on your team members…to get things done…and achieve the project objectives.…You have to motivate the people…who work on your project,…even though they usually report…directly to someone else.…In this video I'll share with you…eight methods you can use…to strengthen your working relationships…and motivate your team members.…First, clearly communicate roles and responsibilities…to your team members.…
You can build your relationships…with your team members by helping them…understand what their responsible for…and what you expect of them.…Second, give people specific and achievable goals.…Challenging, though achievable goals,…can be very motivating.…Team members usually dig deeper…to respond to the challenges you set.…Third, provide support and help remove…obstacles that get in the way.…
If your people can't resolve issues…or remove obstacles,…help them in any way you can.…That way they can focus on the work…their supposed to do.…Fourth, respect your people.…They're crucial components to your project…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.