Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking for cost problems, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Project has tables, filters, and reports…that help you look at project costs,…and find tasks or resources that cost more than planned.…The first place to look is the Cost table.…I right click the Select All Cells box,…and then choose Cost.…Here you can see the total scheduled costs,…the baseline cost, the variance, the actual cost,…and the remaining dollars.…The Cost Overbudget filter helps you see…scheduled cost that's greater than the baseline cost.…
To see that, go to the View tab,…click the Filter down arrow,…and choose More Filters.…Then choose Cost Overbudget and click Apply.…I'm gonna go to the Format tab…and turn off the Summary Task checkbox.…I'm also gonna drag the vertical divider…to the right of the Task Name column,…so I can see the Task Names.…Now I've got a handful of tasks…where the scheduled cost is greater than the baseline cost.…You can look at the Assigned Resources…over here in the Timescale.…
If the same Resources appear,…you can research the issue and try to figure out what to do.…Maybe you replace them or get them some help.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.