Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Leveling resources, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- The level resources feature…delays and splits assignments to help you…get rid of over-allocations.…You can level the entire project…or just the portions that are giving you the most trouble.…I'm gonna display the resource usage view…and when I do that I can see…that the Office Manager is over-allocated.…I've got red text and that's an indication…of resource over-allocation.…Well, I wanna get rid of those over-allocations.…Well, the first thing I'm gonna do…is I'm gonna display the Level in Gantt.…
I click the bottom half of Team Planner button…on the Resource tab and then choose Level in Gantt.…Now, I wanna see my task bars in the timescale.…So, I'm gonna go up to the Quick Access toolbar…and click Scroll to Task.…Now, I can see all of my taskbars.…And the Office Manager's name is all over these tasks.…Well, let's turn off the summary tasks as well…and go to the Format tab…and turn off the summary tasks check box.…Now, I'll go back to the Resource tab…and the first thing we're gonna do…is set leveling options.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.