Learn how quality management helps ensure that project requirements are met.
- [Voiceover] Project success means meeting its objectives,…not exceeding them.…Quality management includes processes…to make sure that a project satisfies…its objectives and requirements.…Managing quality begins with planning.…In a quality management plan,…you identify the quality standards required…for the project and deliverables.…Things like product specifications,…acceptable error rates,…and tolerances for physical dimensions.…
The plan also documents how you'll show…that the project meets those standards.…Quality assurance is what you do…to make sure that your project complies…with the quality standards you define.…For example, walk-throughs, reviews,…or creating prototypes.…You analyze test results…to see whether they meet the standards you set.…Another aspect of quality assurance…is evaluating your quality processes and procedures…to see if there are ways to improve.…
Quality control is testing deliverables…and recording the results of those tests.…Those are the processes you perform to ensure…that a project meets its required level of quality.…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.