Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting and rearranging table columns, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Project comes with lots of built-in tables,…but they don't necessarily contain the fields you want,…or in the order you want.…You can add, remove or re-arrange columns in a table.…You can even save your customized table as a new one.…Here I have the Gantt Chart view displayed…with the Summary table in place.…Well let's say that I wanna add…another column to this table,…and I wanna put it just to the left of Duration.…So I right-click the Duration column heading…and then choose Insert Column.…
I'm gonna add the Critical field,…so I start to type the name of the field…and as soon as I see it in the drop-down list,…I click it and that adds the field to the table.…There's another way you can add a column to a table,…and that's on the very right end of every table,…and it's called Add New Column.…All you have to do is click that,…and then choose the field you want.…In this case, I'm gonna add % Work Complete.…Well now I have the new column there,…and I can still see Add New Column…so it's easy to click and add…yet another column to the table.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.