This video expands on the previous video by rolling up the indicators to the summary level and then setting different indicators at the summary level from the non-summary.
- [Instructor] We now have some indicators…that give us a little bit more of a sense…of how that task is occurring in real time.…However, we want to be able to see those indicators…also at each and every summary line in the project,…and, of course, the top level project summary row.…So I'm going to right-click on the duration…indicator column and select custom fields,…and next, select my graphical indicators.…Now, there's some options in here…to roll up these indicators to the summary line.…
Now I can choose to do that by selecting the radio button…that says summary row, and then under the check box,…select the row is going to inherit…the non-summary indicator so I'll select yes.…I'll also then choose the summary line,…or line zero in the project,…and again inherit those indicators.…I can return back to my original non-summary row…and here, if I wanted those indicators…to be different, I could change them.…
So you have options on how to change your indicators.…Once you've made those changes,…you can press OK and OK again,…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria