Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Inactivating a task, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Inactivating tasks helps you in several situations.…For example, you can create tasks for alternative…approaches for the same work or change requests…that haven't been approved.…By inactivating these tasks, you see them…in your Project file, but they don't affect…your schedule, cost or resource workloads.…If you want them to become a part of the schedule,…you simply reactivate them.…Well, let's take a look at this project.…Right now it has a Finish date of March 28th,…a cost of about $162,000…and 2,000 hours of work.…
The management team has asked you…to look at ways that you can maybe…shorten the schedule and reduce the cost.…Well, it turns out they have some ideas about locations,…so you look at taking out Choose new location.…To do that, you can select that in the task list…and then on the Task tab go to…the schedule section and click Inactivate.…The tasks that you inactivated change to a gray text…and a strike-through through the values.…
Also, I'm gonna go up to the quick access toolbar…and click Scroll to Task.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.