Activities such as getting training on building schedules, instituting quality reviews, launching processes to collect accurate data, and obtaining a project assistant can help you build better schedules.
- [Instructor] A few simple activities…can help you build better schedules…and manage them more effectively.…First, get training on building schedules.…Like this course, for example.…When you understand best practices for scheduling,…you can build more flexible and realistic schedules…that make it easier to manage your projects start to finish.…Second, institute quality reviews for project schedules.…
You might simply take time to evaluate…your own schedules against a checklist,…or project managers in your organization…can hold review meetings…to evaluate each other's schedules for correctness.…Third, launch processes to collect accurate progress data,…and compare that information to planned values.…Estimates improve significantly…when they're based on historical performance.…
For larger projects, a project assistant…is an invaluable aide to the project manager.…The project assistant can create and update the schedule…and work on other more routine tasks.…That leaves the project manager more time…to focus on leading, communicating,…
Note: This course aligns with best practices from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute®.
- Developing a schedule management plan
- Identifying project activities
- Adding milestones
- Organizing work
- Estimating duration and work
- Handling lag in dependencies
- Defining resources
- Assigning resources to activities
- Working with part-time and remote workers
- Fine-tuning assignments
- Optimizing schedules
- Managing and changing schedules
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding a Project Schedule
2. Identifying and Organizing Activities
3. Sequencing Activities
4. Assigning Resources to Tasks
5. Fine-Tuning Assignments
6. Optimizing Schedules
Baseline the schedule2m 12s
7. Managing Schedules
Next steps2m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.