This video shows how to enhance your schedule variance custom field by using an import file to bring in the indicators that were built in another file.
- [Narrator] We've completed a duration indicator…and would like to repeat that now…for our schedule variance custom field…that was created in an earlier video.…However, we don't want to build them by hand.…In this case,…we have that indicators that will go along with this…in an import file.…So again, we'll go to the file menu,…and we'll open up our import file…by going to the "browse" option and into our exercise files,…and in exercise file 03, we'll find our import file.…
So we'll open that.…On the task bar, we'll return to our project file.…Now, I'd like to import it.…So I'm going to go to the custom fields option…and find my schedule variance field that we built earlier.…On the bottom section,…we're currently showing the data for this particular field,…so we're going to change that to graphical indicators.…I now want to import the criteria for this particular field…from that import file.…
So I'll select import indicator criteria.…Under the project dropdown, I'll select my import project,…since that's where the criteria exists.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria