Using this option, you can take a custom field from another project and make it work within your new project without having to rebuild.
- [Narrator] Sometimes you've spent hours…building a custom field in another project.…You want to be able to use it in this project.…To do that, we're going to open a file…and import our field from that other project.…So we'll select the File menu…and select Open.…You can Browse to your Exercise files…and in your Exercise files for chapter one,…you'll find an Import file.…We can open that.…We'll return to the task bar…of our new product development project.…
On the Project ribbon now, we'll take our Custom fields…and we want to put this as an outline code in this project.…So we're going to select,…under the Type drop down, Outline Code.…And it's a resource level field,…so we'll change the radio button to Resource…and we'll then select Outline Code One,…since that's the first one that's available.…We'll now import our field,…so we'll select the Import Field option.…And we'll go to the Import file to find the field.…
Again, since it's a resource field…and it happens to be an outline code,…we're going to select that drop down for the field…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria