Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and exporting, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- When you import or export data,…you can control the data you send to other programs…and where it goes in the destination file.…You saw how to import from Excel in another movie.…Importing from other formats is similar.…For example, let's say you wanna import…a comma delimited file.…First of all, you wanna make sure…that your security settings are set up properly.…To do that, go to the File tab and click Options.…Then, on the left side,…at the bottom, click Trust Center.…
And over on the right side,…click Trust Center Settings.…In the Legacy Format section,…I've already made this change,…but out of the box, Project will select the first option:…Do not open or save these files.…That means, if you try to open up…an older version of Project…or a comma delimited file, Project just won't do it.…Instead, the second option is better:…Prompt when loading files.…That way, Project will at least ask you…if you wanna do something with the file.…
Now that we have the security setting the way we want,…click OK to close the Trust Center…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.