Discover what project managers do to run a project, evaluate performance and, if necessary, bring a project back on track.
- The executing process is like launching a boat.…The project is finally underway.…Executing a project starts with lining up the people…and other resources you need…to perform the project.…Once you get team members onboard,…you help them get to know their assignments,…the overall project environment,…and their teammates.…To do that, hold a kickoff meeting.…The project sponsor and customer can describe the mission…and get everyone motivated.…
You can review the project plan with the team…and explain how things will work,…such as how to communicate,…or handle change requests.…You also set up a place to store project information,…including your project plan, specifications,…reports, and so on.…It's usually electronic,…but this repository is called a project notebook.…Many people need access to these files,…so be sure to set your project notebook up…where team members can get to it.…
After that, project execution represents…performing all the work you identified…in the work breakdown structure.…Monitoring and controlling your project kick in…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.