Learn how to procure resources for a project.
- [Voiceover] For initiating and planning,…you might work with a small core team.…Executing is when you bring on the rest of the team,…and acquire needed equipment and materials.…If team members come from within your organization,…procurement might be a simple…as telling your in house team,…it's time to report for duty.…For resources outside your organization,…the procurement process includes a few additional steps.…Solicitation, Evaluation…Selection, Contracting…and ongoing Management.…
These steps can take time.…So be sure to live time in your plan…for performing them.…Solicitation often begins with…a request for proposal,…abbriviated as RFP,…which is a typical way…to ask vendors proposals or bids.…An RFP describes the services…or resources you need,…when you need them,…and your budget for the work.…It's a good idea to include criteria…you planned to use to select the vendor.…
So companies can decide…whether or not to bid.…In addition, include instructions…and the deadline for submitting a proposal,…and the date you will announce your decision.…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.