Learn how to handle some of the challenges of managing virtual teams.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Have you ever tried to tell someone,…how to assemble something over the phone.…When neither of you can see what the other person is doing,…Managing project teams that…are scattered all over the Country,…or Globe, suffers from some of the same issues.…Distance and luck of face to face communication,…mix managing your team members a challange.…Good communication is crucial to managing virtual teams.…When people aren't in the same location,…it can be hard to understand what they're saying,…Hence easy to misinterpret there meanings.…
In addition,unless you can video conference,…you don't get the benefit of reading body language…or facial expressions.…Even figuring out, when to hold a conference call,…can be dificult when team members are on two…or more Continents.…Someone is usually up really late,…or much to early.…Once you sort out the best time for calls,…hold conference call to talk about…how communication will work on the team.…Building long distance relationships is tough to,…but it isn't impossible.…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.