Learn how managing stakeholders aids project success.
- [Voiceover] Keeping stakeholders happy…is a key task in managing a project.…That's why your project's success can hinge…on your ability to manage your stakeholders.…The first thing you have to do in stakeholder management…is identify your project stakeholders.…You need to know more that stakeholders' names.…In order to build and manage relationships with these folks,…you need to know things like what they expect…from the project, what they contribute,…the influence they have, and more.…
You store in the information you gather about stakeholders…in a stakeholder analysis document…and add to it as time passes.…Once you identify stakeholders,…your next task is to come up with strategies…for keeping stakeholders engaged…over the life of the project.…In other words, you need to figure out how…to build good relationships with stakeholders…and keep them happy.…Putting your stakeholder plan into action is the next step.…
As the project progresses, you interact with stakeholders…to gain their support, resolve any opposition,…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.