Discover and describe what goes into managing a project team.
- [Voiceover] It takes people to perform the work…required for a project.…Although the folks on your project team…probably have line managers back in their departments,…you, as project manager, also manage these people…and their roles on your project.…During planning, you identify the skills and roles you need…to perform the project work.…With those identified,…you can build a staffing plan for your project.…The next step is to acquire the people you need.…
They may come from within your organization…or from outside sources.…You've probably been part of a team before,…so you know that teams take time…to reach their full potential.…Once people are onboard,…you have to help the individuals assigned to your project…work together and become a team.…As work progresses, you manage the team.…You track people's performance,…provide feedback to help them improve,…resolve issues, and manage conflicts.…
Those are the tasks you perform…to acquire and manage your projects team…to make sure they work as effectively as possible.…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.