Identify the necessary tasks to completely wrap up a project.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When your project's deliverables are complete,…you might think the project is finished,…but you have several activities to perform…before you can call the project done.…The most important part of the closing process…is getting the customer to agree…that the project completed successfully.…Get acceptance in writing.…Hold a meeting so the customer and stakeholders…can sign an acceptance form.…
The next closing step is to document the lessons learned…during the project.…You can improve the performance of future projects…by identifying what worked well, what didn't,…and how things could have been done better.…Third, produce final documentation and a closeout report…that sums up the project's performance.…Finally, it's time to close contract,…archive your project information where others can get to it,…and see your project team off to their next assignment.…
In this chapter, I'll describe each of these activities…in more detail.…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.