Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Grouping tasks and resources, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Grouping helps you categorize…tasks, resources, or assignments.…For example, grouping tasks first…by whether they're on the critical path…and then by their duration.…When you group items,…each group summary row rolls up the values…for all the items below.…So, for example, if you group by resources,…you can see how much you're spending on each resource.…When you want to apply groups,…go to the View tab,…and then in the Data section,…click the down arrow in the Group By box.…
Let's say you want to group by Resource.…On the drop-down menu, choose Resource.…Now I have groups for each resource in the project.…You'll notice that there are…temporary summary rows for the groups.…And you can collapse those rows.…If I want to collapse this first one,…click the minus sign to the left of the summary row name.…And then all the assignments disappear,…and all you see is the summary row.…Let's say I also want to collapse the office manager row.…
I click the minus sign,…and now all I see is the summary row.…And I can see that the office manager…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.