format different components of the graph
- [Voiceover] Now let's enhance the graph that we have…in our Phases and Milestone report.…I'll do this by selecting the chart that's in the…center section.…Of course it brings up all of the field lists…as soon as I select that chart.…In here you can see that I have text wrapped…under the requirements area.…I don't really particularly care for that,…so I'm going to click in the chart area…and drag it over just a little bit,…which will make that text wrapping go away.…I also would like to have these in the same order…as the table up above,…so I'm going to change the sort order here…by a custom sort in the field list.…
So I select that,…and under the sort order, I'll select name,…and I'll make it ascending and select sort.…So now those items match up exactly with the table…up above.…However, there's a lot more that I can increase…this chart with, so I'm going to add in the elements.…So I select the plus sign next to the chart…where the chart elements occur.…I would like to have data labels for each of the…bars within the chart itself.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore. You can follow along with this course using Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, or 2016 and either the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with the Report Designer
- Editing templates
- Building resource and team member reports
- Inserting graphs and charts
- Building executive management reports
- Developing a report center
- Creating a milestone dashboard