Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding commands, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- As you work with Project,…you'll probably have some commands you use all the time.…You can add them to the quick access toolbar or the ribbon…to make them easy to reach.…These changes show up no matter which project file you open.…And there's also a way to find out…where commands are on the ribbon.…The quick access toolbar is up…at the top left of the project window.…The great thing about it is it's always available.…Out of the box, it has the save, undo, and redo commands,…but you can add your favorite commands there.…
For example, I love the scroll to task command.…So on the task tab, I head over to the very right end…and find scroll to task.…Then I right-click it and choose…add to quick access toolbar.…And now scroll to task is up there…at the top left whenever I want.…You can also add commands to tabs and groups on the ribbon.…Right-click the ribbon,…and then choose customize the ribbon.…Let's say I wanna add a new tab.…
I go over to the right side of the screen,…and below the list I click new tab.…Project creates a new tab and one new group in it.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.