Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering tasks and resources, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Project filters display the information you care about…and screen out what isn't important.…Project comes with built-in filters like Incomplete Tasks,…which shows tasks that aren't done yet.…So you can focus on tasks you can still do something about.…Some filters include prompts…like the Using Resource filter which asks…which resource you wanna filter by…and you can also set up filters on the fly.…To apply filters, go to the View tab.…and click the down arrow in the Filter box.…
Let's say I wanna filter by critical tasks,…so I choose Critical on the dropdown menu…and now, in the time scale,…I see all of the work tasks are red for critical tasks.…If I wanna see just the work tasks,…I can go to the Format tab…and turn off the Summary Tasks checkbox.…Now let's go back to the View tab.…Let's say I wanna filter by resource,…I click the down arrow in the Filter box,…and this time, I'm gonna look for Using Resource.…Now, this one has an ellipses after the name…and that's a sign that…Project is gonna ask you for information.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.