This video covers adjusting hours in a time-phased or contouring view in Microsoft Project for resources allocation in the project schedule.
- The expense resources were allocated…to each and every task within the project file.…You may want to modify those assignments…in a time phased way, to do that, I'm going to…select my Engineering Expense resource and…specifically, the "Requirements Phase."…Since this is a 120 hours currently,…I'm also going to look at the various…time phasing for that task, so I'll move my…Gantt separator over to the left of my budget column.…It's currently set to "days," and I want to allocate…the time phasing of that work by months.…
So I'm going to change the time scale…to the "months" option.…Here I can see that that 120 hours is spread…over our first fiscal quarter at 30 hours…and 90 hours for October and November, respectively.…I'm going to put 40 hours of that allocation…in October and the remaining 80 hours…of the 120, in November.…As you can see, Microsoft Project has assigned…that as a customized resource assignment…for this expense resource, so again,…instead of using units, if you wanted to do work,…or even allocate this by cost, you could right-click…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up budget resource costs
- Setting up rate tables
- Creating budget resources
- Entering values for budget cost and work and expense resources
- Comparing costs to budget values
- Reviewing costs
- Managing and reducing project costs
- Adding actual costs