This movie describes how to enter work hours for each day of an assignment. It shows how to change the status date and display only incomplete tasks. Then, the movie shows how to enter daily work hours using a customized Task Usage view.
- [Voiceover] For the utmost detail and accuracy,…you can record actual work by time period.…This approach is time consuming for you…and your resources.…If you use Project Server and Project Web App,…people can fill in time sheets, and then…the software takes care of recording time…associated with tasks and assignments.…If you don't use Project Server,…you can enter actual work in the…time-phased portion of a usage view.…
I'm going to show you how.…Before we do this update, I wanna bring…a lot of the project up to date.…I'm gonna do that by selecting task two.…I'm gonna click the task ID cell for task two,…then scroll down to task 46.…To select all of the tasks from two…to 46, I wanna press and hold the shift key,…then click task ID 46.…That selects all of those tasks.…
Our project status date is set to July 14th.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna mark…all of these tasks to have occurred…as scheduled through the status date.…To do that, on the task tab, I go…to the schedule section and click mark on track.…You'll notice that actual start dates…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting Project options for updating
- Building custom views for updating
- Updating and rescheduling tasks
- Updating duration, percentage complete, and work remaining
- Updating assignments
- Importing updates