Learn the technique of weaving peer reviews into team meetings. Explore the benefit of rewarding constant learning and using teaching to give back to others. Additionally, explore the architecture review, design review, and code review.
- [Instructor] This brings us to peer reviews.…It's important as how you and how the team have…a mindset for peer reviews.…You can view it as a positive, view as an opportunity…to continuously learn and broaden your horizons…and learn better coding techniques,…and better computer science.…Or you can view it as an arduous task that has no reward.…So I would strongly encourage you to put a positive face…on this and to create a climate of continuous learning.…Especially for the junior people involved on your team.…
As program manager, it falls to you…to manage the module checklist,…so you create a checklist of all the modules,…all of the various deliverables in the engineering package.…And organize peer reviews for each of them.…That review should occur, you should capture the date,…you should capture the module, and the module ID.…You should capture the people present.…You should map that to specification sections.…And you should capture the approval…and sign off for ISO purposes.…Now the meeting itself will review…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.