The keys with this phase is to know who your customer is, know what problems you’ll solve, and to truly capture the voice of your customer.
- [Instructor] And now we come to completing Phase 0,…the concept phase.…We have a project concept with defined…and bounded customer problems that we choose to solve.…The operative word here is bounded.…We don't want any nebulous or open-ended problem statements.…We want scheduled guidelines established.…There are no open pocketbooks in this world,…so some guideline on schedule,…maybe not an accurate fully detailed schedule,…but some guidance as to what the project duration will be.…And this helps us to identify what needs to go first…and what needs to wait until later…in the stepping-stone project approaches.…
We have a concept team and now we are expanding…that concept team into a scoping team.…And we have risk identify.…This is high-level, conceptual,…potential risk, identified and minimized.…Risk management is something that we'll…come back to multiple times during the program.…Written deliverables at the end of Phase 0,…are a conceptual plan of record,…including customer profiles.…A description of the target market.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.