Learn why reference accounts matter and why the program manager should be involved with reference accounts.
- [Instructor] As part of the duties of program management,…you're going to deal with reference accounts.…Reference accounts are used to attract new customers…and to prime the pump, to get those early sales going.…Reference accounts are typically manifested as…end user case studies either as white papers or videos,…to help spread the news that your product…can be successfully used.…Often, reference accounts will be accessed…via phone call by prospects.…So it's great to seek early permission to do that…or use that sparingly.…
But at the end of the day,…reference accounts are the ideal shortcut.…And that similarity between the prospect…and the reference account makes that business stick.…Early customer reference accounts gives us…that story for prospects.…To paint that picture in the prospect's mind…of them using your product.…A great example was,…I had been involved in selling some hardware…into a large email operation.…Soon after that, I found myself in front of the CEO…for a similar operation.…
This organization was mail.ru.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.