Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying two views at the same time, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- When you build your task list…a single gantt chart view might be best.…but most of the time you wanna see…the big picture as well as details…for a specific task, resource, or assignment.…The Details pane offers a second view…in the second half of the project window…so you can see details about…what you select in the top pane.…The initial view that Project displays…have the timeline at top, and the gantt chart at the bottom,…but when you really want to dig…into the details of your project,…the Details pane is the better choice.…
To see that pane instead of the timeline…on the View tab, go to the Split View section…and turn on the Details check box.…Now, that automatically turns off the timeline…so it disappears from the top…and instead you now have the details pane…at the bottom with the task form displayed.…If you've figured out that you can't have the timeline…and the details pane displayed at the same time…you're absolutely right.…Now, the great thing about having one view…in the top like the gantt chart…and the task form and the details pane…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.