Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying summary tasks, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Summary tasks make it easy to see…what's going on in your project,…so you usually want to display them.…But you might wanna see just your work tasks,…for instance, to assign resources or check progress.…In Project, you can display or hide summary tasks…or show summary tasks down to a specific level…of the task outline.…Here we're looking at the Gantt chart view.…If I wanna control how I see the summary tasks,…I wanna head to the Format tab.…I click that tab and then go over…to the Show/Hide section, all the way at the right end.…
If I wanna turn off the summary tasks,…I turn off the check box for Summary Tasks.…And now all I see in the table is work tasks.…If I wanna see my summary tasks again,…I turn that Summary Tasks check box back on.…Now, another handy feature is the Project Summary Task.…That's the check box above the Summary Tasks check box.…When I turn that check box on,…Project adds a special row…at the top of the project.…
It has task ID 0.…You can't add it, that's something that Project…leaves to itself.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.