You might think planning how you schedule a project is excessive. A schedule management plan simply means that you document the scheduling choices you make for your project. This can be formal or informal.
- [Instructor] You might think planning…how you schedule a project is excessive.…A schedule management plan simply means…that you document the scheduling choices…you make for your project.…A schedule management plan can be formal or informal,…depending on the needs of your project.…The first choice in a scheduling plan is the method to use,…such as critical path method or critical chain.…In the adial world, you might choose scrum or kanban.…
In fact, your organization may already have…one or more approved methods you can choose from.…The example in this course is best suited…to the critical path method, so we'll use that approach.…Once you choose the scheduling method,…you can choose the scheduling tool…that supports your selected method,…such as Primavera, Microsoft Project, and so on.…Additional choices you document in your scheduling plan…are how accurate you want to be…and how you'll measure progress.…
Do you want your estimates to be…plus or minus 50%, 25%, or even 10%?…Depending on project size, are you going to measure…
Note: This course aligns with best practices from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute®.
- Developing a schedule management plan
- Identifying project activities
- Adding milestones
- Organizing work
- Estimating duration and work
- Handling lag in dependencies
- Defining resources
- Assigning resources to activities
- Working with part-time and remote workers
- Fine-tuning assignments
- Optimizing schedules
- Managing and changing schedules
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding a Project Schedule
2. Identifying and Organizing Activities
3. Sequencing Activities
4. Assigning Resources to Tasks
5. Fine-Tuning Assignments
6. Optimizing Schedules
Baseline the schedule2m 12s
7. Managing Schedules
Next steps2m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.