In this video, you'll explore how to set up a quality management plan for a project.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] During planning, you have to consider…the quality that stakeholders want…from the project's deliverables…or final product.…A quality management plan helps you ensure…that your project meets the quality required.…Project quality translates into…meeting the customer's requirements…and delivering on time and within budget.…If your project includes deliverables or products,…quality also means those products or deliverables…conform to specifications.…
A quality management plan is made up…of three components.…First, identify the quality standards for deliverables.…For example, the quality for a product…might include the acceptable tolerance…for its dimensions or the acceptable number…of defective products in a batch.…For the conference center project,…the quality standard for the network…might be up time of 99.9% or higher.…Keep in mind that the goal is to…meet the quality standards you set.…
Obviously, you don't want quality…that's below standard.…The customer won't be happy,…might ask for additional work to deliver the right results…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.