Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Delaying a task or assignment, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- One way to resolve over allocations is by…Delaying Tasks and Assignments…so the assigned resources can work on Tasks…one after the other.…To see how this works I'm gonna look at…the Finalize lease Task and Identify…additional costs.…What I wanna do is I wanna Delay Identify…additional costs so it starts after…Finalize lease is done.…I'm gonna use the Leveling Gantt view to do this.…To get to that view on the Task tab,…click the bottom half of the Gantt Chart button.…
And then choose Leveling Gantt.…Now the first thing I wanna do is I'm gonna…head up to the Quick Access toolbar…and click Scroll to Task.…That way I can see the Task bars in the Timescale.…One of the reasons that the Leveling Gantt is a…great view for adding Delays is that the table has…a column for Leveling Delay.…Leveling Delay is the same field that's used by the…Level Resources feature,…which is described in another movie.…But it makes it really easy to add a Delay…right here in the table.…
One thing to notice is that the values in the…Leveling Delay cells…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.